Wednesday, March 05, 2008

New Paintings

As promised, here are some images of a few of the new paintings. The first is the painting of myself, saying 'my baby! my baby!' after having pulled her up onto myself from the midwife's hands. This painting is about 3 feet by 4 feet.
The second is a lovely small (2'x2') c-section scene. I'm really pleased with the way this turned out, it's quite tender. And lastly is another 2'x2' portrait of a 'pushing face' which is unfinished, and I only hope to capture the awesome expression this mama had.
I also included a copy of the email invitation to the show.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay : ) they are so lovely

Old Gates Farm said...

wow--that picture of you is amazing! i can't imagine growing up to see amazing paintings of my own birth! what a beautiful thing for eva...
i love the c/s one too--it's such tender image.

dafeist said...

Oh wow, these are blowing me away!!! I love them, all of them, seriously. You make me want to give birth all over again *sigh*.